Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Being new

Since we have moved to Sydney things have been up and down. With new friends for the kids and ourselves. Lots of new situations and always being the new person. New at school, pilates, finding new shops, new markets, new blogs, new home and cars. We have been very lucky and met some wonderful people and reconnected with old friends.

Some days it is nice to be new, people are friendly and invite you places and include you in activities.

Some days it is hard, really hard.

You just want to be yourself with people that know your idiosyncrasies. You want to moan about how hard things are and feel comfortable moaning. You want to share you hobbies, likes and dislikes.

Today I was invited to a sewing group and I am not going to go. Not because I don't want to join this group, but I just don't want to be the new person again today. I will sew at home and try next week perhaps, when I am ready to be the new person again then.

This is what I am working on at home.






A baby girl quilt for a mum at school. I hope she likes pink!

1 comment:

Maxabella said...

I don't feel like you're new anymore so I can't believe it's only a couple of weeks since you wrote this post. I hope you feel as comfy with me as I already do with you, Jen. x