Monday, September 12, 2011

Little Owls

I always love reading the Attic 24 Blog and saw a great project in this book that they were completing.

Both of my girls have been learning to knit. I had resisted asking them and they finally came to me and asked that I teach them. I cast on for them and they completed a few rows and then lost interest. It is hard to keep going to complete a whole project. But after showing them the little owls, they were hooked again and both managed to finish one off in a day (with some help from Mum).












We added Some felt wings too so they can fly. Little monkey has already started another one to be a little friend to her Owl. There is a little cat too in the book, perhaps we should try that one too.  

After a quick trip to my local fabric shop, I pulled out a few of my Ottobre magazine and made a skirt for small monkey. I had a subscription to Ottobre for a while, but had not made anything from it before. I always love the designs, but struggle to find good fabric for the girls. Especially stretch fabric.

This is what faced me when I started:









Can you work out which one I should trace?? Crikey!! Luckily I managed to work it out and the very sparse directions to finish the skirt. I will take a photo of it tomorrow on the lucky girl.

2 comments:

Maxabella said...

Yikes! Patterns like that just make my head spin.

I'm glad the little owls got an outing. They are just adorable and I bet the girls will treasure them always as their very first knitting project. Better pries them from their hands so they stop taking them to school!? x

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

The owl is so cute & huge luck with the pattern, 'tis why i draft my own, i'm untrained in the ways of serious pattern using. Love Posie