Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cardigans

A long time ago I decided that I would like to knit myself a cardigan that I could pop on at night when it got chilly. This was when we were living in New Zealand and it got pretty chilly at night. So I chose a pattern and some lovely wool and started. However, I love having more than one project on the go and pick up and put down my knitting for sometimes long periods.

Then I got stuck! I am an experienced knitter and can work out most things. But I got stuck on the collar and then got very frustrated. so I put down the cardigan and didn't pick it up again!

Of course I found it again and remembered why I wanted to knit it in the first place and we were on again. I thought about how I wanted it to look when I was finished and just knitted it that way. I have to knit the collar three times to get in right, but here it is.











I am happy with the final result. It just needs some buttons to be complete. Just in time for summer!

Pattern : Patons Book 1296 Textured Kimono Jacket

Yarn : Cleckheaton Country Naturals 8 ply

Colour : 1813 Blue with a brown fleck

I have also finished my daughter's Kina cardigan as well. It was a really easy knit on one circular needle in one piece. I bought cotton yarn so she can wear it this summer.


 








I think I will have to knit one for my other daughter too. Thank you RetroMummy for showing me this lovely pattern.

Pattern : Kina - Kids Tricots

Yarn : Moda Vera Sombre

Colour : Purple

2 comments:

Jo said...

"Just in time for summer" lol! It looks lovely, good on you for persevering.

Unknown said...

It looks super comfy - well done for finsihing it!