Sunday, January 29, 2012

Another Blanket

I enjoyed my baby blanket so much, that I have decided to start on another blanket.
I still have some Stylecraft Special DK left from my Granny Stripe blanket and decided to use that up on a Granny Square Blanket.

I have always steered away from the Granny Square. I don't really like the bags or scarves made out of them.They always seem to be trying to fit a square peg into a round hole! (pardon the pun) However, lately I have seen some lovely blankets and thought I would give it a try.

It does seem a little crazy to be working on a blanket in the middle of the Australian summer, but we have had a very mild one with lots of rain so far.







I had a good look through this book to find some ideas about fancy squares, but decided to go with a basic Granny Square simply because I want an easy pattern that I don't have to think about.






I'm really glad that I found this great pack of Stylecraft Special DK. It really is great for projects and the colour selection is wonderful. Really bright and cheerful. I bought it from here.



2 comments:

Rachael said...

looking great!

Unknown said...

It's going to be cool!
Is that a new book? I ordered a crochet book too. Naughty naughty! Your a bad influence on me with books :)