Friday, October 18, 2013

Blanket for donation

Have you heard of the Hamlin Fistula Hospital Ethiopia?

This is a hospital in Ethiopia that helps women have life changing surgery after injuries sustained during childbirth. Many women travel great distances to receive their care and they rely on donations to survive.

They also give their patients a new dress and blanket to celebrate their new life after surgery. Many of these women are ostracised fro their village or community and this helps them make a new start with new things.

I made this blanket for them to send to their hospital and donated money to help them pay to send it over. I love the idea that a women will get my blanket and take it home with her somewhere in Ethiopia. I also took my girls to their shop in Turramurra, Sydney to show them what this organisation is doing for women on the other side of the world.







It is the same as my granny stripe but with wider stripes.

If you would like to see the great work they are doing go to http://hamlin.org.au and think about making a blanket yourself or making something for their shop to sell.


No comments: